d200 battery

katie h.

Does anyone know where to find a d200 battery? Everyone seems to be

out of stock. I would like to use the d200 as my primary camera at

an up coming wedding but I don't like the idea of not having a spare

bettery for the d200(then having to switch to the d70). The d70

battery won't work in the d200 will it?

Katie

The D70 battery, EN-EL3 or EN-EL3a battery will not work in the D200. Only the EN-EL3e battery will work. It has an extra contact on it that works with the battery meter in the camera. I havent see any 3rd party batteries yet. I got lucky when I ordered my 2nd battery last month from b&h, they were in stock then. I would assume that since many people are now getting their D200's that they all bought backup batteries at the same time.

If you get the MB-D200 battery grip for your D200 it has an adapter to use 6 AA batteries.

Kevin is correct. The older EN-EL3 and EN-EL3a for the D100, D70, D70s and D50 will not work on the D200, which requires an EN-EL3e. But the EN-EL3e will work on the older DSLRs.

I recall that B&H had the EN-EL3e in stock 2, 3 weeks ago. I would look around or wait a couple of weeks. Moreover, K&S in Palo Alto, California tends to have a lot of those little parts in stock, perhaps because their prices tend to be somewhat higher than B&H's. Back in 2002, I needed a spare EN-EL3 immediately for my D100 before a major trip. B&H was out of stock for quite a while but K&S had it: http://www.kandsphoto.com