Pixmania.co.uk EOS 30D 922 quid inc VAT

bennyboy

I've seen reports of rather cheaper prices - more like 850 UKP - from places that have real premises, rather than a warehouse pickup point in Fulham. I've also noticed that UK buyers don't seem inclined to pay the high prices being asked. Castle Cameras and Bristol Cameras are both advertising 899 UKP at the moment, and many 999 UKP deals include a fast (133x) 2GB CF card. Nothing special about Pixmania's pricing... and as they are based in France, you may find you get French manuals etc. Plenty of opinions here:

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/retailer/3612/reviews

Bristol cameras prices can be excellent - and unlike pixmania, they're UK-based, so a certain UK high street photo shop we're all familiar with will match their prices (begrudgingly) This is how I bought a brand new 430EX weeks after launch for less than what the monopoly store was charging for a 420EX.

Useful to know if you don't happen to live in the South West...

I just avoid Jessops altogether - they seem to think nobody can use the internet and I don't like being taken for a fool. Warehouse Express/Mifsuds/Robert White and a whole bunch of other more deserving suppliers are out there and are pleasant to deal with and are well informed and helpful and cater for serious photographers. Sure, the staff at Jessops can be great on occasion too but the company's strategy and pricing are not. Their market is really for the uninformed and lazy casual photographer who just want digital compacts. Their web order service is diabolical too. Even if they could match the price of someone else I wouldn't use them again.