was determined by numerous flash shots to a grey card hung on the

wall. It surprises me that the one mode can be so accurate but not

the other.

Also, I have a Luna-Pro F that is also right on in normal incident

mode but well over 2 stops over (too much flash) in flash incident

mode.

It seem strange to me for one mode to be perfect and the other so

off. Has anyone else run into this issue? Can it be easily

repaired or should I just remember the compensation. Thanks.

I too have Minolta spotmeter F, but never used it in flash mode. I would be very surprised that it?s actually the meter?s error. This spotmeter is exceptionally accurate in normal mode, I can't imagine it is so much off in flash mode. Did you check the manual for Minolta? Maybe there are some settings that need to be set/changed?

<br>

Regards,

<br><br>

Philip Pankov <br>

<a href="http://www.PhilPankov.com/">Pictures of Ireland</a> - Fine Art Black & White Photography of Ireland

Strange, my Minolta Spotmeter F is accurate in both modes. I wouldn't know how to correct

your problem. Sorry. The fact that your Luna-Pro has a similar problem would make me think

that there is something wrong with the spectrum of the flash, which disturbs a correct

reading. Or your grey card is UV sensitive (metamerism). What grey card do you use?

I used a Kodak gray card. The card has very even response across the visible color range - not sure about UV. The Minolta appears to be off by almost exactly one stop. I did check the manual. I am using my Canon G2 to measure the images. My G2 matches exactly the Minolta meter in normal mode.

In think there might be something wrong with the Luna-Pro F in the flash mode because it is off by almost 3 stops and is not responsive at all to weaker flashes.