Leica M6 at a weddings

will_staples

I would say try one out and see. It happens that I am having pretty good luck at

doing weddings with my M6s. It's not for everyone and the learning curve is

steep. Practice first. As far as what clients think—the results speak for

themselves. Click <a href="http://alanackoff.com">here</a> to see some

examples. It is possible to take bad wedding pictures with any camera and you

can find lot's of proof. Conversely it is possible to take good wedding pictures with

any camera. Use what makes you happy.<div>004HTE-10762684.jpg.6e018a636e2adeaff966fc034803e02a.jpg</div>

I notice Will Staples hasn't returned to the thread.

I have done some weddings with M6's - with another snapper who also uses the M6, so a total of 4 Leicas shooting fast colour and BW, 24 to 90 mm lenses (each of us uses a 35 on one body) - and people seem to be quite pleased with the result. They pay for the albums and prints, anyway. That's just my experience, though.

I would have thought that what will relax the subjects is seeing your portfolio - if they can see that you have delivered the goods reliably in the past, then I doubt they'll be worried by the size or nature of your camera. By the time you turn up at the church, all those issues should have been resolved.

I like the M6 more than any other camera I've used, and it's the only camera I use. Don't know if that's a recommendation, though ;-)