a few selected websites. The web sites in which I have found the low

priced 20D are much cheaper than per say the big name dealers such

as Best Buy, Dell, and B&H which leads me to wonder if BUYER BEWARE

should be employed. The web sites in question are out of NEW YORK

and advertise that all equipment is BRAND NEW. The two in which I am

looking at are www.genuiscameras.com ($799) and

www.bestpricecameras.com ($899). My question is for anyone who has

purchased a camera from the above mentioned discount dealers and if

there is anything that I may not be aware of in buying their goods.

This would help me greatly in my decission making. Many thanks-

Charles Watkins (Nacogdoches, Texas)

DON'T DO IT!

Questions like this get posed all the time here. There are many sites that rate these resellers. Try http://www.resellerratings.com. Here's what they rate the vendors you've mentioned.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, Genius Cameras is rated less than 0.17 while Best Price Cameras is rated 0.28 throughout their lifetime. They didn't even get a "1" rating!

Stick with your 300D, buy a used 20D roughly within your price range, or pay a little more for a legitimate 20D value.

Good luck!

I'm sure a great many of you have answered hundreds of simple and repeated questions from new users on a regular basis, but for what it is worth...THANK YOU! Your attention has saved me the dissapointment and I am very grateful. What a wonderful and informative website.

Vladimir...I must admit you have me on the redundant question mark. I had originally typed "Is $799 too cheap for new 20D?" and decided to change it to "Question about buying a new 20D?". Unfortunately, I placed the cursor before the "20D" when inserting the change and failed to notice what I was doing. Of course, I must admit that I am no high standard when it comes to grammar and spelling anyways. Regards-Charles

Hello Charles, the upgrade to 20D will give you a splendid camera that will keep you entertained for years. For something that good, it would be worth going with a reputable dealer. The two you have mentioned may be perfectly respectable, I don't know them, but why risk a rip off? Get the cheapest you can, but from a company that is generally known for being honest and helpful.

Hope this helps.

P

Thanks Peter- To the credit of Andrew and Kenny who made note of the EXTREMELY informative website of www.resellerratings.com, the sellers in which I was inquiring are total DUDS! RIP OFF ARTIST! DESERVE THE HIGHEST GALLOWS! With that said, I now have a more reputable dealer to consider with a realistic bargain for a NEW 20D. It will cost me $1050 instead of $799, but the dealer has a 8.9 rating.