Printing Agfa Scala

I'd think the answer is to scan it and dial out any color leaving just the grayscale, regardless of whether you're doing this at home or in a minilab. The irony is that you'd probably have to set the scanner to "color transparency" and "convert" the "color" image to B&W. Unless you were shooting specifically to do B&w slide shows, I never thought Scala made a lot of sense. And there are other ways to get a B&W slide.

Scala is a pretty nice film for scanning, but I use it in teaching. There's no better way to

demonstrate the effects of different contrast filters on B&W film than to show it in a slide

show. Gives the students an appetite for B&W, too. So, I wouldn't say it's of no value.

Can you print Scala as an Ilfochrome? Would you just dial down the color filters on the enlarger head and print it like you'd print a B&W negative, except backwards, obviously, as it's a positive?

Just wondering.

By the way, will Scala survive the Agfa Photo dissolution and partial buy-out? I'm guessing not, but then again it may get bought by a company that respects an excellent niche product.