W/NW: Something tactile

arthuryeo

Sorry, but almost any good modern lens from Nikon and Canon produces the same type of

picture when shot at the same aperture and same close-up distance. I understand that you

like your photograph -- it is pretty -- but it's hard NOT to produce something beautiful when

you point your camera at beautiful flowers: nature has already done the work for you.

--Mitch

Arthur Yeo wrote: "How do you explain to someone that Leica lenses can produce something that's almost "touchable" ?"

I explain it as having much to do with shallow depth of field. The sharply focused subject stands out in 3D effect largely due to the softening of focus in the background.

Mitch Alland wrote: "It's hard NOT to produce something beautiful when you point your camera at beautiful flowers: nature has already done the work for you."

I don't entirely agree. The flower is not Arthur's image. Arthur's image is not the flower....Rather, it's a two dimensional design which includes a flower, the lighting, and the objects and space around it. Nature did fine, but she didn't make the image that includes that flower...Arthur did.