my first lighting kit

john_pyle1

Hello...I am doing group cheerleader pictures at a tournament this weekend. I am using a

canon20d, 17-40mm f/2.8,580 flash. I am by no means a pro but have a little business on

the side. (www.thatsagreatpicture.com) IF you go to ONLINE PROOFING and cheerleader

galleries you will see some potraits. ANYWAY that took a lot of photoshop to get them

looking halfway decent. Wolf camera guy told me novatorn constant light kit cl04k was a

great choice. What does everyone think and what advice can anyone give me to have great

results and do a professional job? I want to be able to use the lights again for other jobs (see

other galleries at website). Thanks and I apologize for the long message

That photo looks fine, you must be good with PhotoShop :^)<p>Wolf Camera guy is an lame brain (understated for the forum censoring software). You do not want to do group photos of hyper active cheerleaders with a constant light source. Apply your budget to the purchase of a two light strobe kit with a minimum of 1000ws total. Good luck choosing which one, you're sure to get lots of advice... t

I broke the Wolf habit a while back. Most disinterested, arrogant bunch of slug-ass sales associates next to the COMP USA guys I have ever dealt with.

John, you may want to consider some of the under 400 dallar Smith Victor strobe kits. However a higher watt second Alien Bees set up might be better for shooting larger groups. I am sure someone will expand on this.

That's a pretty good photo. If you can get results that good, you might not want to have to learn a whole new system. The girl on the lower right is a little bright, but the shot is nice. I don't see any benefit to a constant light kit for these. Cheers.