OT: Share Scala Mailers

wai_leong_lee

I'd like to buy some Scala mailers off eBay (see

<a

href=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7532214711&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1>here</A>)

but this guy is selling 10 a pop, which is too much for me since I

don't shoot Scala that often. In fact, I just bought four rolls, I've

never shot one yet.

<P>

Does anyone want to share, ie we buy 5 each? I'll pay you by Paypal,

of course, you keep 5 mailers and send 5 to me by normal airmail to

Singapore.

<P>

Can anyone help?

I don't wish any mailers but let me tell you what I know about Scala processing. We have

one of the few Scala processors in Miami. I sent a roll to them in their mailer, about 6 mo.

ago. Everything went fine but I don't know how long they are going to process Scala, as it

is or is soon to be discontinued.

But, dr5, now in Colorado, processes Scala and many other films as positives. And, I just

saw that dr5 is offering their processing at 50% off for people (I guess "stuck") with Scala

mailers.

Perhaps you know all this and even more. I suppose that if Scala is still being processed

by authorized Agfa labs and the mailers are a good price, that might be the way to go.

However, dr5 does an excellent professional job, at least this was the case with my first

roll sent to them.

I may be interested. Duggal (I'm sure) sends the film to Color Reflections, and even though it takes longer, it's cheaper if you want to push this film (and Scala is pushable up to ISO 1600). Push processing with Color Reflections is $4.00 per stop, whereas with Duggal is just $2.00, regardless of the stops.

BTW, I have over 15 rolls in my fridge.

Wai-Leong, there is only one problem in your scheme... If you're in Singapore, what good are the Duggal mailers for you? If you were in the US, it'd make sense, but in Singapore? <p> If I were you I'd contact the people at <a href="http://www.color-reflections.com.">Color Reflections</a> by e-mail at info@coloreflections.com and ask them about their willingness to receive and ship film back. That or any other lab that does Scala.

My last roll of Scala took three weeks to get developed through the mailer service. Since it has been announced that Agfa film is out of business at the end of the year it remains to be seen if the mailer service will continue to operate. Personally I believe those with leftover mailers will directed to some third party, though it remains to be seen. Darn shame really as I have enjoyed shooting Scala but under the current situation I doubt if I'll order any more.

John - note my post above - One can get Scala processed by "dr5" in the US. And, they are

accepting Scala mailers for 50% off their normal charges, though they get no

reimbursement from Agfa, ColorReflections, or others. I suggest that those in the US, and

even abroad, contact dr5 and help support a unique chemistry that they have developed -

good people and good results, at least from my limited use of them so far.