CONTAX T3D , I wish ...

A Contax T3 digital with a full frame sensor to duplicate the DOF of the film T3 would be quite a camera. Too bad no one will make one.

While there were compact film cameras with pro-SLR-comparable, excellent quality like the Contax T3 and Ricoh GR1, it seems that compact digital P&S cameras are all condemed to have lousy quality, significantly below the quality offered by even the cheapest DSLRs. It's a shame really. Will the manufacturers ever wake up and supply a compact digital with a large sensor and a quality lens?

So what's "amazing DOF"? Lots of it, or little of it?

Geez,I want a digital TLR with a tessar lens and a 2 1/4" X 2 1/4" CMOS sensor. No more of these tiny aps and 35mm full frame sensors for me. That should be pretty easy to do, and I'm sure they could make one for $500.00. That'd be so cool. You could get paper thin DOF and all that resolution would even be better than a 35mm film camera! I'm sure my pictures would be better too. It's just a shame they don't make affordable digital TLRS like the one I want. Shoot. I know they could if they wanted to.

^Why the 28mm equivalent? That's really too wide to be a general purpose lens on a fixed lens camera. Am I the only one who thinks that 40mm would have been a much better idea? Focal length aside, That little critter looks quite impressive. Sort of reminds me of the Leica Minilux.

• 3 weeks later...