Photoshop Question

jaimie blue

I just bought Photoshop Elements 3 for right now because my computer

probably needs some upgrades for CS2 and because it was $100 bucks

rather then $600...and obviously I know CS2 has more capabilities for

editing but I was wondering am I missing alot of features that

Elements 3 does not have in comparison with the full Photoshop

programs? Is it decent enough untill I can get CS2?

You could have gotten CS for less than $100 with some careful shopping and I tend to use CS more often than CS2 because it tends to be heavy on my processor and I have more tools than I need with the CS version. You can also likely buy the European(English) version of CS2 for alot less, like $60, but you're buying "gray market".

Photoshop CS2 can be daunting and is immensely more powerful than Elements. Elements is a great step to learning image manipulation and retouching. Once you've mastered Elements you will find PS easier and you would have learned many of the principles regarding retouching. Elements has all the tools you'll need to improve your pics.

Thanks all. Steve I am on that website now and downloaded the file, but I cannot seem to locate the "program files folder" he is referring to. I downloaded this file and see Curves and Channel Mixer and they are opening with Elements 3 but I cannot find the program files? I definately want Channel Mixer and am not sure what Curves is but will learn. Thanks if you know what the program files are he is referring to...

There are people who never use curves, and don't miss the feature. If you must use curves, get yourself a copy "The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 3" by Richard Lynch. You should also check out Picture Window Pro (www.dl-c.com). Sells for less than $100, has the curve feature as well as features PSE3 doesn't.