So, this new LHSA MP3 & 50/1.4...?

dave_chadderton

"Yeah, a down-to-earth killer both price and performance-wise."

Really? At Robert Whites price of 4764 + 17.5 percent VAT that is 5597.70 GB pounds.

Hardly down to earth! (Not that any will make it further than a glass cabinet or safe so it does not matter what the performance will be as breaking the seal on the box will diminish the value.)

"That doesn't look like the 50/1.4 ASPH to me..."

I think the idea is that the ASPH formula was put into the original Summilux mount. A nice looking lens barrel--I always liked the cross-hatching machined into it at the base, next to the bayonet mount. Lots of nice, fussy details to make it pretty. This is a modern Leica and lens in retro clothing. Current technology, old fashioned looks. Such things help keep Leica afloat, assuming enough people will buy it.

Jeez Louise! Staring at those alternating black and chrome pics of the

LHSA MP3 and lens sent me into a seizure. When I came out of it, my

credit card was lying next to the keyboard, and my email had an "Order

Received on September ..." message in the in-box from Sucker Camera. What am I gonna tell my spouse?

Evidently there is something "pro" about a manual setting frame counter--else, why did they use it on the MP? Maybe the advantage is that you can reset it to keep track of how many frames are in a given sequence? It's not such a bad thing, it has never bothered me in 44 years of using my M2.