Recommendations of a good Photo-Quality Printer Review site?

Hi all,

<p>

<a href="http://www.dpreview.com"><b>dpreview.com</b></a> is an

excellent resource for finding out about digital cameras. Does anybody

here know of a site that would just as useful for choosing a

photo-quality colour inkjet & laser printer? I especially liked the

way you could select your desired features on dpreview and then it

would list all the cameras that fit these choices - is there anything

similar out there for printers?

<p>

Thanks!

Have you looked at the Printer forum at www.DPReview.com? Features you can get from brochures. Practical experience is harder to come by.

"Photo quality, laser printer" is an oxymoron. A good color laser printer can come close to brochure-quality offset printing, but won't stand up to any photo inkjet I've used since 1994. I have a Tektronix 740P, which is one of the better ones.

There are some interesting printer reviews at www.luminous-landscape.com, particularly the professional Epson models.

Jack, thanks for the link - I'll check it out now!

<p>

Edward: <i>"Features you can get from brochures. Practical experience is harder to come by"</i> This is exactly what I was thinking! And knowing that inkjets are the way to go is just what I need to know too - thanks!

FWIW, Consumer Reports recently reviewed inkjet photo printers. You can either check your local library for a copy, or I'd be happy to tell you what they recommend. Personally, I have two Canon photo printers, and I can't complain about the results (or the speed).

Picking up on what Edward said, once I'd narrowed my options down a bit I found www.luminous-landscape.com VERY helpful in making the final decision. This site does not cover every inkjet printer out there. What it does do is go into great detail on the printers popular with serious photographers and that detail is based on actual tests conducted by Michael Reichmann, who runs the site and is a serious photographer and therefore knows what serious photographers are likely to want to know about a particular printer.