Agfa Scala Processing

Don't do that! Scala is a great film, and may not be available too much longer, given the way the film market has been acting.

Just get some of the Color Reflections mailers from B&H-those'll work pretty well. Call them (Color Reflections) to see about extra postage.

Scala is a great film-don't give up on it just because of a few cents extra postage!

Don't fret, Cliff. Before Toronto Image Works got their now-defunct Scala line running in mid '96, all Canadian Scala went to Duggal in NYC. That might be your best bet. Dr5's shipping makes Scala a bit uneconomical for Canadians. I'm still pissed that TIW dropped Scala. Luckily, I was`down to a couple of 35mm rolls when things closed on Sept. 6. Try Duggal.

Duggal seems like the best bet. You can't just use US mailers in Canada as if it were nothing. The postal systems are different and it costs much more to send a package from the US to Canada than to send the same package within the US. Unless you pre-arrange with the processor to pay the extra postage required to get your film back to Canada, you may never see your film again. Call Duggal and see what they say.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

<p><strong>BEWARE OF MAIN PHOTO!</strong><br>

They are giving me the runaround of the century right now. I had sent in two rolls of Agfa Scala 200 slide film for processing and paid for them by check. After several weeks I received a box with two rolls of overexposed film (to the point where I could barely tell they were even mine), unmounted of course, and a scribbled note in the box from "Erica" which said, "sorry, our machine lost power during processing and ruined your film". Also in the box was only one roll of unexposed (and unboxed) Scala 200 (no idea of how old it is, or how it's been stored, etc.) and a prepaid mailer...yippee...like I'd really want to use them again! Their guarantee says they'd replace any damaged film with an equal number of rolls and processing, so they were one roll short in both cases. I sent two emails to them over the next two weeks (pleasant, of course) asking about the other roll and processing, but did not receive a reply to either one. I called once and was put on hold...forever. I tried calling again and got "Carlos", a brusque person who said "don't worry, I'll take care of it". Several weeks later still, nothing had showed up in the mail. I called again and got "Erica" this time, who told me they don't have a "Carlos" working there, so clearly I had gotten a brush-off (from whom, who knows) during my previous call. She told me she'd send the remaining film and mailer. I'm not exactly holding my breath. <strong>These folks are a slippery bunch so it's BUYER BEWARE!</strong> I sure won't be using them any further, and will try Dr5 instead next time.<br>

--Tom</p>