Tamron 28-105mm f/2.8 - Buy - No buy?

HI guys

hopefully someone out there would help me with my questions. I'm

looking to buy Tamron Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto SP 28-105mm f/2.8 and

wanted to know personal experience with this lense? I am going to be

using it primarily shooting weddings. How did it perform for you?

what problems or surprises did you face? I'm going to be using it on

my Fuji S2 digital camera...

best

Anton

I owned one for several years, and found it to be a very sharp lens. My main complaint was with the slow focus. There were definately shots that I missed due to that issue. I have always found Tamron to be a good alternative to the higher expense of Canon or Nikon lenses. However, I recently switched to exclusively Canon glass, and do not regret it at all. I should clarify that my lens was the slightly older Tamron model. Newer versions might have addressed focus speed.

Hope that helps.

I like tamron lenses because while expensive Nikon, Cannon lenses are made in Japan, the lesser costs ones are not. Tamron lenses are, that is where their factory is and you can get better made lesser cost Tamron lenses made in Japan, then then lesser costs Nikons and Cannons which are not made in Japan. Until I can afford the hi end Nikons I will always go with Tamron lenses.

Anton,

I have the lens and I use it on my Nikon DSLRs at weddings. It is my main lens because I love the range of it. Yes it's heavy, but any 2.8 would be. At 2.8 I find the images softer than most other lenses, actually really soft especially the edges. There is an obvious tradeoff with this lens, range for sharpness. However, I would recommend it.

I use bought the 28-105 2.8 tamron. I bought it to use for weddings, a lot at the 2.8 end. I was not satisfied with the clarity below 4. I did some tests on it, and started out at F8, and opened up until I reached 2.8. Each picture got gradually softer. In my opinion 2.8 was not exceptable. It is a beautiful sharp lense above 5.6 I bougth the Tamron 28-70 2.8 Di, and I am very happy with it. I miss the longer zoom though. That being said, I have one to sell! If your still interested in it, email me!