ny institute for photography

hubert_engel

hello there !

I recently applied for information at the new york institute for

photography , and was wondering if anyone ,has ,or had any past

knowledge ,or experiance with their program ?

I am serious about extending my education in this feild , but

weiry about nyip`s education program . Sure the brochure looks great,

but then again they all do !

Thankyou

Bert

Ps: Is there a way to send a money order to photo.net ?

I would like to become a full time member ( no response from

contact ) I do not have any credit cards or a paypal account

I graduated from NYIP's professional course about 3 years ago and from an advanced course in Landscape photography that it gave. I am an amateur and intend to remain an amateur. I am semi-retired and could not attend a regular college class in photography. I found the course to be very valuable. My photography has greatly improved. The instructor's comments (Jerry Rice) were useful. I recommend the course to someone who cannot attend a full time on campus course.

I've completed the first 2 lessons and most of the third and fourth. I think overall it's a good course from what I've seen. My instructor has had good feedback on the pictures I sent him. I also liked that he took it upon himself to check out my website and use pictures from my website to help further illustrate objectives from one of the lessons.

Unless they've changed their marketing strategy, you can save a couple hundred bucks by getting on their mailing list and waiting until they try to win you over with a lower price. Somebody here on photo.net told me about this and it worked for me. After about four weeks of being on their mailing list they will send you a better offer to encourage you to sign up. I paid for the course all up front and it only cost me $650.

i signed up for the program about 2 years ago and then asked for an extension. my

opinion about the course is that you have to be tremendously disciplined about doing the

courses, which i wasn't. it was just too hard for me with kids, work and life to make myself

sit down to listen to the tapes and watch the videos, etc. i am now enrolled in a bfa

program for photography at a state university which i find much more enjoyable and

affective for me. i get immediate feedback from my professor and have the experience of

interacting and learning from other students. this, however, defeats the ability of being

able to learn at home at your own pace.

my own bias also is that perhaps a degree from an actual university or college will likely be

more creditable in finding work after completion. if you are only looking to improve your

photo skills rather than looking for a career change than maybe nyip will work fine for you.

best of luck in whatever you choose to do.