show your black paint...!

robert_haller

Yeah, mine has been in a half case and without steel strap rings, so that has saved it from

most wear, but it certainly has not been babied. I think a lot depends on how you store it too.

If you throw it in a bag without a separate section for it or don't use a bag at all, it will wear

much more quickly than

if it has its own part of the case. Also, using the strap that came with the camera will rub

against the sides more than a strap with a leather guard, or an all leather strap. By the way,

mine is the M6 style ISO too...I like that a lot better than the M7 one. In any case, a great

camera that continues to serve me well...

I wonder if in 20 years my black Bessa L will be completely worn down to white plastic. After what? Only three years? It's showing a bit at the top ends where the strap rubs and the edges of the base plate ends are badly worn! Who'll be the first to get a $300 custom paint job on their $59.95 camera body? Oooh! And maybe red lizard from Camera Leather too!

"If you throw it in a bag without a separate section for it or don't use a bag at all, it will wear much more quickly than if it has its own part of the case."

Bag??? What is a bag???

:)

Seriously, I don't use a bag, and toss it in the car, sometimes on the floor under the seat, or by the stick shift, etc. It is always on my shoulder without any case. Now I know why it is wearing so!