Is it true......

Absolutely true, Mark, and you should know it after the shots you got with the Shur-Flash when it came your way. I get many better images with my 1920s and 1930s vintage roll and plate cameras (none of which cost more than $50), which routinely get out and about, than any Hasselblad will get being dusted twice a week and forgetting what film tastes like...

No...

Since I don't have a $9,000 outfit in my closet (unless you count all of the junk I own) I can't really answer that. But, in all of that junk are a few cameras and lenses that I would say don't limit my ability as a photographer in any way. Any limitation would be my own property.

With all of my "stuff" the greatest fun right now is coming from rescued AF point and shoots from thrift stores whose prices fluctuate between $1.75 to a Max of $5 (It had a leather case!!) A recent set of film negatives from a Minolta Himatic AF showed excellent exposure and focus quality. Less money = more fun!!

Cheap or expensive, I really don't take very good photos. I just don't have the "eye" some on this forum have. But...I love mechanical things, old fully mechanical cameras especially. All the adjustments, knobs, and whirring clockwork is just lovely. Also, some cameras are just pretty, they look right, ie; a Nikon F with a plain prism, an Olympus orig Pen, a Leica M2, a....well you get the picture. Regards, John R.