I've had some strange things happening on this site lately. This

has happened a few times already.

I sumbmited some photos for crit and rating, and I was getting some

really low ratings like 2 and 3, and after an hour these rating were

removed and higher ratings were added like 4 and 5, a total of about

15 ratings in a couple of hours, then the next day I looked again at

my photos and those ratings were removed and only had like 6 ratings

left. I am wondering if someone playing a joke, or is this site

starting to lose its seriousness? Does this happen often?

This kind of tell me this rating system is meaningless and no point

in requesting for ratings.

Please give me some serious responds because I am confused of this

system. Thanks

We have deleted several accounts over the last two days and the ratings went with them. This happens every few weeks. When it does, if your photo is one of the affected photos and is still in the Critique queue, it will move back up to the top of the list and get some more ratings.

As for the site losing its "seriousness", would you find it more serious if we didn't try to identify false accounts and remove them?

Hi Brian, If this happened again, should we send an email to abuse@photo.net or just post as a thread here? Btw, is there any plan to change the default view again (by number of views)? The current view and rating system work very well. Thanks a lot for the quick response to remove the false ratings.

Because of the abuse on the rating system, I tend to shy away from it. I recently submitted a photo for critiques only but got quite a number of trash ratings. A day later, half the trash ratings were removed and half remained. After a few more days, the unwanted ratings still remained; I got annoyed and deleted my image. Be it a malicious program or person, sometimes you just don't want the nonsense ratings and it would be nice for the system to periodically remove all ratings from images for critiques only.

Maybe being "proactive" instead of "reactive" is the answer. I love PN, I 've seen some really good suggestions in the forums. Why not try a few? I doubt it could hurt the rating system at this point or effect the "seriousness" of PN. It is time for a change again, this rating system isn't working very well.