Focus distance in EXIF

walterh

Hello , I sometimes got the focus distance displayed in images from

the D70. I rarely used this info but now I would like to have it for

one application. Now I seem to lack focus information. Is this a

problem of the latest D70 firmware (have not seen it after the latest

update, but I might be mislead) or PSCS plugin? Or is the information

only available under certain combinations or certain lenses? I did try

several AFD lenses and do not get the info in the EXIF data in PSCS.

Cheers

Walter

Bryan I can see the focal length alright. I would have complained right away if that would be problem :-) No I talk about the "subject distance". Perhaps I shoud have used the correct terminology :-P

The field is empty in PSCS. But I remember that I got data in this field before. I just downloaded and tried "EXIFREADER 3.0". This seems to find no data for this either. Jim I see in you previous post that you had some problems installing EXIFTOOL.

I am sure I can track the problem down - just to lazy because I cant imagine I am the only one to encounter this problem?

Hi Walter, Yes my trials and tribulations are all finished. Placing the NEF files in the directory that has EXIFTOOLs subdirectories allowed me to make it work. You have to call Perl then EXIFTOOL and then the file name and it will print to the screen. For hard copy you pipe it to a txt file and then print it from word pad. The data showed that the sensors are read in a stripe fashion and there are more strips in the D70 than in my D2Hs. The focus distance is displayed but not the sbject distance unless that is the same. There are 2 1/4 pages of data and the number of photos taken as well as the serial numbers and all the photo data. David, thanks for your help.