order. Lens is clear and free of scratches, shutter speeds and

apertures are accurate and working properly, the bellows is

light-tight, and the lens seems to be aligned properly. I've figured

out almost everything about it, but I just can't figure out how to

fold the lens in. When I bought it, it was unfolded and sitting on a

shelf.

Google searches turn up very little on this model. Does anyone know

how to fold it in?

I had one of these. Terrible camera, but mine was in a pretty bad shape. Sold it as broken to some guy in China on that big auction site (together with two other folders). If I recall correctly, you just have to grab the joints of the folding mechanism on both sides and pull it "upwards" so the folding mechanism closes. Simple, no special knobs or dials or other thingies to press, turn, pull.<p>

Here is one of the "best" shots from my Beirax test roll. Aperture between f/16 and f/22, 1/100th second, hand-held. It shows a skateboarder in mid-jump.<div>00DYja-25663384.jpg.788540ddc2696df9499de316c151a636.jpg</div>

No, I think the camera was totally misaligned. Turning the focus ring didn't seem to have any effect on the front cell. Furthermore the lens was pretty cloudy. Unlike most of you people here I am not good at repairing tiny little things and I learnt the hard way not to try. Since then I have become to dislike most folder cameras, especially 6x9 folders. But I guess we all have to go through a "folder phase"...

Thanks to you both, now I've got this figured out. Once I knew the right places to apply pressure, it folded very easily and smoothly. It doesn't come across well in that picture, but this has obviously been babied by its' previous owner.

All that's left is to actually go out and try some shots. I think I'll stick to landscapes at infinity until I can properly judge distance in feet.

Luis, thanks for the welcome.

My day job is telephone tech support for a large US ISP. My other job is in-person tech support for family and friends. My hobbies include video games and screwing around with computers. Frankly, I'm happy to have at least one hobby that has very little to do with computers. :)

I love playing with computers, but man cannot live by bread alone, y'know?