First russian camera recommendations

In my "quest" for the Leica "Glow" I needed an inexpensive LTM camera body that could operate a Leica lens. I chose my "ebabe" Zorki 4 (which mounts an LTM) with a Jupiter 8 (a Leica clone) because it was cheap and engraved to the Colonel from the "Commander in Chief of the Air Force". When it arrived, a trip to Oleg for a CLA was indicated and completed. Now, it operates very smoothly and is rather quiet..... probably not up to Leica standards but "good enough" by any other comparison and much cheaper....... and you won't be concerned about carrying it around taking pictures under adverse conditions. What I really like is the bright viewfinder with its easy diopter adjustment.

After a few rolls of film I'm still looking for the "Glow" but very pleased with the results. When I get some time I plan to rent an old Leica LTM and see if their really is a "Glow". Chuckle.

Some of these leather cases are cured in urine. In dry places of the USA; the odor can be masked; seemed to be removed by methods. In high humidity areas; these cases revist the funky odor often; as traces of uric get new moisture. With my dozen plus Russian bodies; about 1/3 were really horrid in odor. I place the lot in box with a ozone generator; and got 2/3's of them OK. The still funky 4 got burned up in the fireplace; they have abit/tad of nice color while burning. The local grocery store had nice looking/fitting leather black jackets from China for 17 bucks last year. If kept in your house; your house has a strong urine smell.

Hi Paul,

One of the most silent RF's is a Yashica Electro. I don't think anything is quieter than a leaf shutter. This is the Zorki watching the "Stealth" Electro....... and an example of Kmart processing and scanning..... cheap and quick though.<div>00DpSv-26024084.jpg.59808d58a1daa4c9f6785443c9076b83.jpg</div>