D70+SB800+Excalibur 3200

lukas_jenkins

Hello I have read through tons of fourms but need a simple yes or no awnser, I've collected

bits and pieces but still am not totaly clear. I have a Nikon D70 and want to use the SB800

flash to connect to a Excalibur strobe via pc sync cord connected to the SB800. I have read

the D70 to have a sync voltage max of 250v (pretty high) and the Excalibur 3200 to have a

sync voltage of 9v. I am asuming that since this is the case it is safe to use the Excalibur

3200 with the D70. Also I am using to Excalibur 3200's so the one would be set to

wirelessly trip the others. I have heard that there is a way to get the D70 to trip the strobes

by the SB800 flash with out a sync cord but have been unable to get it to work. Please

help.

Lukas

"use the SB800 flash to connect to a Excalibur strobe via pc sync cord connected to the SB800" - the way to go!

Make this SB800 a remote flash in CSL (iTTL or manual), that will trigger your Excalibur via PC sync wire going to SB-800 socket on the left side.

Use another SB-800 on camera as a commander flash, or use your D70 built in flash as a commander to the remote SB-800.

When you use iTTL mode, pre-flashes will not trigger your Excalibur. Excalibur will be triggered during the actual exposure flash. In this mode Excalibur can easily overpower iTTL settings determined during preflash communications between the 2 Nikon flashes, so aim Excalibur elsewhere. You need to experiment.