What is it with models advertising on One Model Place ?

GerrySiegel

Hi Gerry,

I have never ventured into this area of P.N. before, although I have been posting on this sight for a long time. The omp format caught my attention as I do allot of Figure Art using models form omp.

I live in the country, about 60 miles from Portland Oregon , have worked with many from Portland, also Settle, and Salem, and other surrounding areas.

What I have done over the few years connecting with the non professional to the very experienced model is absolutely state my professional attitude

And rapport I have with models worked with. Also I state the fact that I have perfect reference!

I back this up at the first contact made with who ever is interested in wanting to pose for me. I have a sheet that has each Models name and omp id stored in my drafts folder in outlook express. Each new model I work with is added on! I simply bring up the save draft and copy and then paste it to the reply. This gives them the information to check my background, which really makes a difference I believe. I work most of the time in there homes or convert a suite into a make shift studio.

The compensation thing is always negotiated, ( and I mean Always ) from they pay me, time for prints or a C.D. finished, to a agreed hourly wage for them.

Modeling is work! Pure and simply that. I understand being in front of the lens and lights for hours at a time is a burnout. I usually spend from 3 to 6 hours shooting ,with very little breaks In between takes. We have fun and I always let them know before working with them that I am a easy going fellow, and that we will have fun, But capturing the image is the reason we are both there. So I let them know what is in store for the session.( Fun, but also work!! )

I have had only twice, had husbands present at the beginning of the shoot. Then they left! I was in there home!

A first fore me was at my last shoot with Ashley omp id 185247.I also have a folder with just her photo?s in it posted here on Photo.net

Anyway, She wanted to bring a girlfriend along, I always state I would rather have a one on one work session. But agreed to go with it! Ashley?s girlfriend turned out to be her Mother! (smiles) Heck I spent a hour just chatting with the mom while Ashley kind of got annoyed waiting. It was trip, as we progressed from casual fashion to pure nude work with mom setting off to the side quietly.

I guess what I am trying to say is photography is always a new experience, whether shooting landscapes, Senor pictures, wildlife or working with Models with different personalities.

Don?t give up on finding females to shoot, it takes time to establish and find the good ones to work with. Then they do seem to know each other, and the word does get around in there circle that you simply love taking and capturing there special spirit on camera?.

The last thing I refer to is ,at least in my case omp has been a excellent format to find and chose to whom I work with. Maybe I am just Lucky!!

Oh! By the way ,if the one you are shooting is under 18,make Dam sure they are with a parent or guiding and that you have a release form that they will sign before or after the shoot. You can download one off the net! That?s for your protection and there?s? Be patent! As you will locate the right ones, it just takes a little time?..

Regards, David Shelby photo.net id 910524= O.M.P.id 5610<div>00Cxl9-24786984.jpg.195bb9a3b23e3ca35999e8e0ccda8d99.jpg</div>