San Francisco 2005 Gay Pride Parade Photos

There was a parade in LA as well that I wish I would have attended. It would almost be as outrageous as the famous Halloween Parade but better since it wouldn't be at night! I'm also still kicking myself for not making at least one trip up to Santa Maria to photograph some of the hard core Jackson fans outside the courthouse. Funny how I keep missing events like these and then I complain that there's nothing interesting to shoot in LA. On the flip side the Orange County fair is starting up soon so maybe I'll head over there.

Regards,

Marc

I think it's hard to avoid a cliche doing public events like this. Don't get me wrong, they are technically very capable but I don't think you tried hard enough to make something out of it. Trying to find you way is still the only way.

A couple things I noticed. First off, there are too many photos. I don't want to have to look at

all those photos for one or two good ones. Less is more. Second, nearly all your photos have

centered subjects. Learn to use the entire frame. Lastly, look for interesting moments. These

photos seem to mostly be people doing whatever they do in a parade. Try to take photos that

go more than skin deep and show something beyond the obvious. I hope this helps.

-Noah

Thank you to everyone for the feedback. Especially Maria and Noah. I have a hard time

picking out the "best" of my photos and tend to post too many. I hadn't realized how

center-centric my images are... Good input!

As to those that "have a problem" with the subject matter. That's fine with me. I don't

share your perspective, but I hope your posts are not deleted as they are not insulting or

rude... You're welcome to your opinion. Though (and I mean this respectfully) if you have a

problem with things LGBT, maybe you should refrain from following a link that points to

Gay Pride Photos... I try to avoid things that bother or disturb me.

Oh yeah, just as an aside. If I shoot a water polo game, nobody assumes I play water polo.

If I shoot a car accident nobody assumes I was involved. If I shoot a concert, nobody

assumes I'm a musician... If I shoot a gay pride parade or folsom street fair....

Thanks again everyone!

stevem

BTW Markus, great photo! Looks like those guys would fit right in at Folsom Street Fair...

http://www.shooter.net/index.php/weblog/Item/folsom-street-fair-2004-photos/