Whats the difference between Pradovits?

james_cooke

Im still sorting through projectors and thought I should ask whats

the difference between Pradovits CA 2500, CA 2502, Color 2, P2000

and P2002? Im assuming they are evolutions of each other but its hard

to find what the changes are apart from a name and colour change.

Anyone have ideas? Thanks

james,

they all have a 250 Watt bulb, a triac and autofocus. The CA 2500 takes only universal-magazines, where as the the others you mentioned can be used also with the lkm-magazines. The Ca 2502 has the shortest time of changing the slides. The Color 2 and the P2000 are technically identical besides the name. The P2002 has a spare bulb which switches on whithin seconds when the other fails.

Regards Moritz

I have the CA2500, and it has the fast slide change also. The gating mechanism allows one slide to come in at the same time that another slide is being ejected. The system works well, and it is reliable. However, it is very dependent upon being correctly adjusted. The adjustment may be done by the user. I had to do it once when my projector started to jam, and I haven't had a problem with it since then. I suspect that was the motivation to go with a more straightforward change mechanism in the latter models. In the latter models, one slide comes out, the tray moves forward, and then the next slide moves in. Kodak Carousels do the same, except with a circular slide tray.<p>The difference between the C2500 and CA2500 is that the "A" models have "autofocus" (you set the focus for the first slide, the projector adjusts each subsequent slide). The difference between the 2500 and 2502 is the latter's ability to use 80 slide LKM trays vs the standard 50 slide tray. LKM trays have a spotty reputation, and have been accused of being more jam prone.