Shipping Films in Summer

I want to buy some slide films from a website store and I wonder if

it's safe to have them shipped in summer time. The UPS ground takes

3 days and there is no AC in the truck.

Are the slide temperature sensitive? Will the high temperature

damage the quality of the slides? Thanks.

I have bought slide film in summer before from B&H, in fact I just ordered some last week. I have not noticed any degradation in film quality. But check the expiry date before you order, the provia I ordered expires on 09/2005, but I freeze all my film so I can stretch it beyond expiry date.

It's film, not fresh fruit or fish. A few days in a truck / UPS depot (packed in a box, surrounded by other boxes) is not going to hurt it. It won't be laying outside in the desert sun. The film was almost surely ground shipped to the store from the distributer, likely via UPS ground or similar transport. Relax. There will be no "high temperture damage".

ning, if you by it at the camera store, it was shipped the same way, ups. i live in arizona, it's 114 degrees today. so i do think about it. so in may, when it was only a balmy 100 degrees, i ordered a fridge full, enough to last till sept. just in case. arizona is of course, extreme conditions.

Extreme heat will cause color shifts in film. You may not notice it, but it will show up on that one shot that you really needed. Always refrigerate your film once it arrives to be on the safe side. So far I've only had one instance of color problems due to heat and I order film weekly. It's an excellent question and a good concern.