Young Lovers--a website sample

I'll refrain from my usual long comments and leave it a sort of

Words/No words. I'll be glad to answer any questions. The boy is my

son, Marc, at age 5 1/2. Photo was taken in 1958 not far from

Florence in Prato.

George B. draws out maximum details from my best scans from Epson

Perfection 4180 Photo, and uses duo tone and some magic incantations,

far beyond my ken.<div>00D5at-24988284.jpg.50f2fbdc6761dc1663bf8f2625c79564.jpg</div>

re your 4180; I have one too, and the software is just bizarre. The simple Epson Scan button has never worked, before or after a complete system recovery!<BR> gawd that thing has some idiotsyncrancies...<BR><BR>The quality is superduper but... but... I found out much later that it crops even when you tell it not too, and it re-enables Unsharp Mask and so on even though I keep turning it off.<BR><BR>Is your experience the same?

I always had a frog in my pocket at that age. H'mmm, maybe that explains my intermittant popularity with the girls. These two seem to be very cooperative models for their age, or did they scamper off down the street on some other adventure the instant you tripped the shutter? Interesting shot, Lester.

Thanks all for your comments and compliments.

Kevin, write me offline I have suggestion to eliminate some of your problems with our common Epson 4180 Photo scanner

Thanks Mike! Short, succinct and sweet.

Chris, unless they get H.G Well's time machine built, we can only return to our childhood in our imagination. Just a tip, don't try the frog in the pocket in the playgrounds today. You'll be hauled away, if not tarred and feathered. I?ve lived 43 years directly across the street from the elementary school our younger son, Dan, attended. I have taken several hundred pictures of kids playing there through those years. It is now forbidden during school hours. On weekends and summer days, parents cower and yell to their children to come to them immediately, if you ever point a camera in the direction of their child(ren.).

They don't brand you with the Scarlet Letter "A" as they did in Hawthorne's Salem, but in their mind's eye with worse letters such as "M" or "P" here in Framingham.

Tom, they were not posed at all. The girl is the daughter of an Italian friend, who I met in Boston. She was a precocious vamp. Neither Lino nor his wife did any to stop the smooching, nor did I or Claudia ; we just kept laughing. They were oblivious of parents? attitude, for it was love at first sight, junior style. Or was it? Look at the hand gestures! that?s not puppy love IMHO. As Marc is 52, Lina could be a grandmother. No, they never met again; it was a wonderful one day tryst. There are other shots in similar embraces, but this was the best of he bunch.