Unable to Sign In from Home Computer

marco_ruggiero

Photo.net doesn't know or care which computer you are using. There's no reason why (from the photo.net end) logging in from one computer is different from logging in from any other computer as long as you are using the same user ID and password. That fact that they are using different IP addresses should have no effect. (The one exception might be if you happen to be using an IP that has been used by spammers in the past and so has been blocked, but that's highly unlikely).

While it shouldn't have any effect, you could try clearing out your browser cookies. That has been known to fix problems in the past, though I've no idea why it works!

Well, that will teach me not to ASSUME that people have cookies enabled! They're enabled by default on all browsers as far as I know.

And, yes, you can't login unless your "cookie" is good. That's why clearing out old (defective?) ones sometimes cures problems - or enabling them if they are disabled.

I'm not sure the problem is with IE.

For example I always use IE6 (Win XP) to view photo.net. I'm here every day for many hours. I never have any cookie related problems and I've never had to clear and reset my photo.net cookie.

I know cookies do sometimes get screwed up on some users PCs, but I don't know why that happens. It's probably something with their whole system configuration rather than any specific problem with IE.