Just got the EF 70-200/F4. Really happy with it

Xinca

Hi Alex,

Congratulations! To get the really sharp shots you need to eliminate camera shake -- use a tripod or very fast shutter (1/800th or better) to start. Also, the DOF is extremely small with this lens so try it stopped down a bit to start (f8 or more). Then you should see really sharp photos and go from there. Your attached shot is a little soft -- probably camera shake but know that this lens can take crystal clear photos but it isn't always easy, it took me months to get consistent. Good luck! --Peter

>>Your attached shot is a little soft<<

Yes but, it had nothing to do with DOF. The picture was not in focus. IT was probably due to the fact that the subject was moving and he might not have had SERVO mode selected or...if he did, he didn't lock focus to begin with.

You can get sharp picture with that lens at f/4. As long as the subject is *in focus*.

Hello Alex, welcome to the "L club". If you're like me, you will soon be looking for the next L to buy.

The 70-200 is a great lens and you are going to have lots of fun with it.

Best wishes. Pete

Am also considering to buy the 70-200 as it is said to be very good optically. Would like to know from some users if it's really necessary to use it tripod mounted. I like shooting at 100 iso in normal daylight, but with a maximum aperture of f/4 and without IS, will I get blurry images?

kelvin : Why?

Leon: RAW, ISO 100, F4 Always.

Auto level in photoshop then resize.

That's it.

I have a compare photo about this one and the EF 28-135 IS at 70 F4.5. I will post it later.

For me this lens is way way better than any lens I ever used. It almost give me the same feeling when I 1st use Konica Hexar 35/2.

Just get another one from the local shop. SO just try to sale this one with that price. If I can sell it I will keep the one with canadian warranty otherwise I have to return the new one.