Canon EOS 1D Mark II N or Canon EOS 5D?

dk.

(I would like to take a poll so to say, to see what others think.)

Can I ask you something? If you were mostly into nature photography.

Which of these Two Bodies would you buy? Just these two.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II N

or the New Canon EOS 5D

Thanks for answering.

DK

P.s. I originally put this under Yakim's post below but am not sure

if it will be around and I have to get off the computer for a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

If you're into landscapes and macro, get the 5D. If you mainly shoot birds in flight or other

fast moving critters, the 1D MK II is a better choice. Personally I'd rather have the 5D due

to smaller size and weight (I'm more of a landscape dude).

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

The 5D would be my choice. The 5d sensor has the same size sites 8.2 um x 8.2 um as the 1D Mark II. Canon just scaled up the 1dmII's sensor to full frame. You can get the same image cropping the 5d as you would get using the 1dmII and your current lenses

If canon used the same density as Nikon's D2X, the camera would have 28.5 Mpixels. I don't know that we need that big a sensor. I get 21x14 at 300 dpi. I think the sensors could outstrip the quality of current lenses. I think better dynamic range would be more important in the next generation of 1.3 or FF DSLRs.

If you expect to be photograph charging rhinoceros, probably the 1D Mark II N - once

the rhinoceros closes in you can beat it off with the camera.

<p>

I think Peter made a good point about weight - if hiking a lot the 5D will be less likely left

behind.

<p>

Finally, if not sporty action, I would lean to more pixels and full size sensor - I do like wide

angle lenses.

<p>

I'm not sure what it is you exactly shoot - not sure you mentioned in other thread?

I hope Canon NEVER does what Nikon does ;)

Personally, I have put my order in for the 5D. Even though the price is very close the NEW 1D MK2n, which has the AF and metering I used to love on my EOS3. However, I am not a PJ or Sports photographer so, I would rather forego the weather sealing, 45 point AF and 8.xx frames per second of the 1DMKII in favor of having (finally) a FF DSRL! The 12mp won't hurt either :)

Thanks everyone, I like the water proof/resistant build and AF of the Mk II N, But I like the size and fact that the 5D is a lot lighter and is full frame of course.

Be nice if the 5D was the same size as it is but had the water proof/resistant build and it had the AF of the MK II.

? beepy your little story about the charging rhino's was funny and a good way to emphasize the MK II N's weight and build/toughness qualities.

So I am almost 50/50 for each camera but I think the 5D has a slight lend in my head because of weight, full frame and price as it is cheaper also.

I am happy with my 20D for now, but you never know. :o)

DK.

For a better quality, 1D Mark2 N will be a significant advantage over 5D (twice of shutter unit durability, more weather sealed, 100% viewfinder coverage, Multiple spot metering) <br> <br>

I'm just wondering why for the burst frame of 5D is more than 1D Mark2 N (60 vs 48).. Is there any color depth difference ?