Epson Fine Art Paper on rolls

At the lab we buy only rolls of all kinds of paper and put them in our dry mount press after cutting for flatening if needed. We also have some very fine cutters here as well which makes it easy. If the roll is a 44" we do the first cut on the printer. To compare cost we figure out sg foot price between roll and sheet to see the cost differncial. We have at the moment a seal 200 dry mount press for sale if your interested.

Sal Lad,

I use 100' Espon rolls. Works fine. Only 1 problem - if I leave the roll in the printer, the first print has a crimp in it. So, when not in use, take the paper out of the printer and let it hang. Or, just use the first print as a proof.

I store the prints flat and have had them dry mounted or hinged. With hinged you do get some natural "effects" much like a wet print.

ron

Coated inkjet papers are almost always on rolls at the convertor, who "converts" the paper to sheet sizes. The coater/convertor's "core size" ie diameter is large on the "mill roll" to reduce the curling of the "sheeted boxed product" . With a typical 24,36, 42,44 inch finished roll the core is usually a 2 inch core size. With a larger printer sometimes some inkjet folks use a 3 inch core size too. The mill roll core size is many times large than this.

I have a 17"x50' roll of Epson UltraSmooth FA that I run through

an Epson 2200. It is a pain to deal with the paper curvature so I

will try the suggestion from Ira to put the paper in the mounting

press. But I currently work with the curvature and mount with

Seal colormount @175F to 4ply board.

When it first came out & wasn't available in sheets, I tried cutting a roll of USFA into sheets

& had a lot of trouble with curling.

Did you know they make 13x19 & 17x22 (= 2 llx17) sheets now? A lot less bother.

The sheets are coated on both sides, so you can re-cycle all unsuccessful prints as work-

print paper.