Infrared experience with an M6?

I just shot my first roll of Kodak Ektachrome EIR infrared film

through my m6. I shot it at 200 and used a yellow filter per Kodak's

recommendations. After speaking with my former photo teacher, he said

the yellow filter was supposed to keep my skies blue, but it didn't.

The film was processed in E-6 and the entire roll turned out magenta.

Even the leaders were magenta.

I took the slides and scanned a few of them to make color adjustments

in photoshop, and some turned out alright, but is this magenta normal,

or did the lab foul something up? Variations between yellow filter

and no filter were minimal. Thanks in advance for anyone able to shed

some light on the subject. Below is a pic I was able to adjust in

photoshop.<div>00D6yq-25019784.jpg.57530618736a8004bd286de3823b2de5.jpg</div>

Ektachrome EIR is an E-6 film, has been since 1985. E-4 process was stopped

in 1985. There is only one lab that still does E-4, at least there was one in 2002. <BR>Do

not process infrared film in labs using equipment with infrared sensors. The infrared sources

used by photofinishers, such as night vision goggles, infrared cameras (used mostly on rack-

and-tank machines), or infrared replenishment sensors (used on some roller-

transport,continuous and minilab machines), will fog EIR Film.<BR>I would check with your

lab, I bet they didn't turn off their infrared while doing your film and that is the

problem.<BR> The filter to use for blue skys in the #12 Deep Yellow.

Because a #12 Deep Yellow filter is the correct filter to use with Color Infrared film.<BR>With

color infrared film all three layers are inherently sensitive to blue radiation. To limit the

exposure of each layer of color infrared film to only its intended spectral region, a yellow

filter (minus blue), such as a #12 Deep Yellow Filter (or equivalent), is always used over the

camera lens. With the yellow filter in place, the layers act as though they are sensitive only to

green, red, and infrared (all blue radiation is absorbed by the filter)<BR> A #25 Red filter

works well with Black and White Infrared film but the topic here is color infrared film.

Well... I'm always learning. Now I realize I had my cables crossed when I got into this, and bought a filter good for black-and-white film when I have color stuff. Will orange do similarly? I also have a B&W brand filter in yellow... and it looks deeper than the Y2 I have for my SLR. I guess I can stack it on the #25 and see what happens.

The #12 Filter (minus blue) was originally designed for BOTH B&W and Color film haze

penetration in aerial photography.<BR>As far as Color IR film goes, to quote Eastman-

Kodak, "For outdoor use, a Kodak Wratten filter #12 ought to be used, although a #8,15 or

21 filter can be utilized for special effects. However, for scientific photography, where a

"biological" color balance is necessary for consistent results, the #12 <I>must</I> be used."

<BR>But then again that is from the company that makes the film so what do they know?