First Camera Equipment review

pod

Hello all,

<br><br>

I've just written up my first review on a piece of camera equipment.

I know that the Tamron 28-75mm Di has been reviewed a lot, but I have

done a light review on its performance in Indian conditions when

travelling in the generally dusty north.

<br><br>

Nothing overly scientific, but I think informative for the

photographer who is considering to go there anytime soon with that

sort of lens.

<br><br>

Any comments appreciated. If I have made an technical mistakes,

please email me or post them here, but not on my website thanks!

<br><br>

<a href

="http://synthologies.blogspot.com/2005/06/tamron-28-75mm-xr-di-ld-to-hell-and.html">

click here </a>please

Seems fine for me in ie 5.5, I better load 6 I guess and see. Will look at shrinking photos anyhow.

How are load times - too excessive?

And P.S. did anyone enjoy the review? ;P

Peter, your review is interesting and I did go through your blog-webpage as well. I guess your review is useful in a sense that it has a one line

summary -- this lens is not good for dust. Being an indian I do not like the part " -- Dust is pervasive in India like oxygen and perhaps should be ** their national symbol **" While most of your blog seems to reflect that you are sensitive about other cultures, this comment contadicts that. I think this comment is crass and does not contribute to the review.

No offence, but...<br>

How much web design experience do you have?<br>

I tried two computers W2K, with IE6.<br>

I cannot see lower part of the page.<br>

That has to be something very simple... I guarantee.<br>

Good luck.<br>

99 more reviews to come...

Mandar Deshmukh - I have already removed the offending comment and apologise for any offense it may have caused you - it was not my intention.

I try my best to be careful and respectful. Any implications you may have seen from the comment I did not think of until you made mention.

Apologies again,

Peter

Derek C - no offense taken - a little.

What the real problem for me is I am on my autnie's computer which runs win 98. The page opens perfectly fine for firefox, ie 5.5 and ie 6 on 'this' computer.

I am now searching for any lines of broken html or css. I know ie is far more fussy with things than firefox.

I agree, it must be a small problem.

I was having the cut line problem with ie6. I went to tools>options>general>temporary internet files and deleted all temp files. Then it worked fine.

What I noticed when looking at the page source was that all the text was a single long line without breaks or new lines. Maybe ie6 don't like that.

Hope this helps,

Juan

Wow - you guys are a tough audience! This kind of response will surely dissuade me from ever posting a review here. Lighten up!

I liked the review, the pictures and reading about your trip, Peter. Thanks for taking the time to write it up and share it. And I had no problems viewing it on Firefox 1.04 right after you posted it. - Mary

Peter, nice review, excellent web page, and nice photos! Bravo. Your web page appeared perfectly yesterday and today (with totally different OS's and browsers as a matter of fact). While i might not care much about your subject matter you do great work all around and wish I had your talent.