and the sky was dramatic, the light was great and the wind was

blowing. I got a series of BW portraits of the bride with the great

sky before we had to leave. I really love the BW pictures but I am not

too sure how a prospective bride would react to it as the first

wedding image on my site.

I use the color image as my entry page photo for the wedding section

but I am considering switching. Do you prefer the vertical BW, the

color horizontal or neither for the opening image of the wedding

section for my website?<div>00DLxP-25356384.jpg.7b29dc9c64bbb63fb6c2e6d49c98d917.jpg</div>

I like the b/w as well - but as marketing goes, I'd use a traditional color shot (though not the one posted): in the 3 years my studio's been open, there's one thing I know for sure: there's photographers and there's clients, and clients see pictures much differently than clients. Stick with the tried and true (though I do like that b/w)

I really disagree with sticking to the "tried and true." I say get out of the comfort zone, try something different and maybe you can open yourself up to a different cliental. Maybe a more adventurous client looking for photographs that have the dramatic and mood. Sticking with the tried and true in my opinion is stagnent and safe and taking risks can bring changes that can expand a person's life, art and business.

"really disagree with sticking to the "tried and true." I say get out of the comfort zone, try something different and maybe you can open yourself up to a different cliental."

by it's very definition, a wedding is a traditional and conservative cultural event, ritualistic, time-proven, and ceremonial. We're talking about getting them into the door with a marketing photo, not wowwing them with art-house rhetoric: Even tatooed brides celebrating pagen rites will want a nice group portrait or a romantic interlude with the groom. Of course, do as you please, but for marketing and PR, I'd keep it pretty straight....

No offense to Jeffrey, but he knows nothing about marketing. As everyone said, stick with

the b/w, no contest. The other in no way sets you apart from the rest of the endless

amount of 'professional' wedding photographers. Good marketing is not about reaching

the masses, but rather about reaching a certain group of targeted people with a product

that they feel they can only get from you. Your b/w will set you apart. The other, okay

maybe my gma would be happy with it, but she's not getting married again, so what does

that tell you?

Hi J. Moore, no offense taken, but I wish you'd read my post before you make claims on what I know and don't: I've been working as a photo editor for a public relations wire service for almost 10 years - I see what gets "pick up" and what fails. My wife is in advertsing and Marketing: she not only manages accounts but also has her own consulting business of which I partake in brainstorming and ideas. I clearly stated that I also really liked the b/w image and would pass on that particular color shot, but that a more conservative shot might be best to get "them through the door" where you can then wow your clients with all your interesting techniques and styles. I stand by that: do a quick google of wedding photographers and see what they offer on their web sites...I think you'll see that most start off with traditonal shots - even those claiming photojournalistic styles...

<a href ="http://www.weddingphotos4u.com/Seattle_wedding_photographer_photography.htm">like this</a> and <a href = "http://www.themanylives.com/">this</a> and <a href="http://www.dubnoffphoto.com/">this</a>. But, as I said before, everyone has to make their own choice...