Can any one recommend Stephen's Photo Centre, Manchester

monkey

They're a legitimate dealer in the centre of Manchester. I had a lens serviced by them a few years ago. I'm not sure if they'll do the CLAs themselves - I think they sent my lens to Malcolm Taylor - but whoever did the job it came back in excellent condition.

They sell a lot of second hand Leica equipment, but they're not an official Leica dealer. The CLA price does seem attractive.

Yes, I know David Stephens, having dealt with him several times. He has been in the business for years, I think his father was before him, and knows his stuff. I don't know who is doing the CLAs but I don't believe he'd use anyone unless he was very able.

You can find his website <A HREF="http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/theleicaman/index.jhtml">here</A>

hi,

dont know about stephen' photo centre or Ebay, but, I sent my m6 for a vertical adjustment and a 35 summicron for a lub as I'd bought it used to Malcolm Taylor. I've never met him in the flesh but he is a very very nice man whose enthusiam and interest was amazing. I'll definately use him again. Do a google seach and you'll find him in there with the good and the great. I sent it to him on a monday and got it back on friday the same week !

Dave