Sell your Noctilux

Jeff; just move to part of Indiana; or any of Hawaii or Arizona :) Daylight savings was used in 1918; then later in World war 2. During the 1970's it was diddled with again in the energy-availablity crisis. In the UK it was called summer time in 1916.<BR><BR>OK required reading for tonight is "An Economical Project"; by Ben Franklin.<BR><BR><a href="http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/franklin.html"><b>"This event has given rise in my mind to several serious and important reflections," the letter continued. Had he not been aroused at so early a morning hour, he would have slept until noon through six hours of daylight and therefore, living six hours the following night by candlelight. Realizing the latter was much more expensive than the former, he began calculating, for the sheer love of economy, the utility of his discovery -- the true test of any invention.</b></a><BR><BR>

The House of Representatives has decided to [send a bill to the Senate for their consideration, which, if passed by the Senate and then signed into law by the President, would] extend daylight savings time.

...just a refresher for those who have no flippin' idea how the country works...

"Sell your Noctilux

Now that the collective genius that is our House of Representatives has decided to extend daylight savings time...what a bunch of idiots."

I've already asked my Mom and she's agreed to let me stay up an extra hour if that happens.

Thanks everyone. There are some funny and intelligent responses here. I realize it has yet to be signed into law, but my point is that the whole bill only looks forward to the next decade...what about 25 to 50 years down the line? This daylight savings time thing is just myopic.

Yes indeed, there is life beyond the end of the nose and the Noctilux is a beast anyway.

Yes, the Navajo Reservation--which spans non-DST Arizona and DST-observing New Mexico--does use DST, but the Hopi Reservation--which is completely surrounded by the Navajo Reservation (and wholly within Arizona)--does not observe DST. When driving up to the Hopi Reservation, you go from non-DST Arizona, to DST Navajo Land, and finally back to non-DST Hopi Land.