how to adapt F80 for one-handed (left-handed) use?

tricia

<p>Thanks Tricia.<br>

In case anyone else comes across this thread... I went to try out some cameras and the SLR's were pretty awkward to handle because of the lenses so I have ruled them out. I was able to use the Nikon Coolpix P90 and the Panasonic Lumix FZ28 left handed in the same way that Jim Interliccio showed in his pictures further up this thread. I will choose one of them. Thanks to Jim for posting those pictures</p>

<p>You're welcome Alan,<br /> Have you tried the Canon G10? For a bit more money than the P90 you have RAW capablities .<br /> I haven't handled the P90 but from online pics of it, the G10 seems about the same size or perhaps smaller.<br /> Whatever you choose - Happy shooting! <br /> Jim</p>

<p> </p>

• 2 years later...

<p>I see it's two years since anyone added to this post, but thought I'd offer an updated comment anyway.<br>

I've recently switched to the Lumix DMC-LX5 which is compact and lightweight and offers the features that I most desire: has a bright (f/2), wide angle (24 mm) lens, allows fully manual exposure, shoots in RAW, and has a high quality lens that results in good image quality. (I don't make huge enlargements, so very large prints are not an issue for me.) It also has a small zoom range (up to 90 mm) which is handy. While I did use my previous camera (Fuji F30) extensively and got a lot of good shots on it, I greatly prefer the higher quality of the LX5, and still find it manageable to use. After all my years of film shooting, I'm able to shoot handheld at pretty low shutter speeds, which means I can really enjoy night photography with it, too.<br>

Alan, I hope you found a camera that suits your needs. Every time I visit a camera shop, I am discouraged by the complete lack of cameras made for left-handed use. It seems like such an obvious gap in camera manufacture and something that would be useful not only to those without use of a left hand, but to anyone who is left-handed and would like the option.<br>

Tricia</p>