Anyone else here waiting for Katrina in New Orleans

sam_portera

Sitting 45 miles east of Pensacola, Florida...after Opal, Georges, Ivan, the list goes on.

Our 'area' is on the eastern edge of the category 4 (maybe 5) Katrina, giving us a chance for lots of wind.

Keep alert for 'stuff' flying about when the storm approaches New Orleans!

<i>implode? Not bloody likely, with all those rednecks, snowbirds and Okies wanting to

move here and pay 3 megabucks for a house which only cost 1/4 million.</i>

<p>

Yeah that's the conventional wisdom, but things are beginning to shows signs of

weakening.

<p>

As long as this area can sustain economic growth and attract candidates to fill jobs that

will pay enough to allow them to afford the 495k+ median house price then ce la vie... But

were does that leave all the rest of the population that support the infrastructure

(teachers, cops etc...), condo conversions in El Cajon? Well as long as the military wants

Predators I'm Ok.

Still in the city but getting that feeling that the time to go is come. Katrina's strength and the fact that it may pound the city for 10hrs @ 135 or greater does not leave much doubt.

Will leave with the family and all my Leica gear. As the say all else is replaceable.

We all here need to thank people /profesionals like you who remain to serve the less fortunate who are unable to leave and those stuborn ones who stay.

Good luck to you and your family. Hope we meet some day after this is over. The Leicas will survive.