New Hand-Held 6x12 and 4x5 Cameras

davea1

Has anyone yet had any experience with the new hand held 4x5 camera

listed on the KT Camera site?

http://www.ktcamera.com/English/index.asp (second item)

Also, has anyone had any experience with the new 6x12 handheld

camera listed on ebay by thkphoto on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7524320177

Perhaps Paul Droluk could compare his hand-held 4x5 and 6x12

offerings to these. With Fotoman and these two new players, the

availability of inexpensive helical mounted LF lens cameras is upon

us.<div>00CbuI-24238984.jpg.f651722f8d747550781c17eceea76e9f.jpg</div>

The strange thing is that no one seems to actually bid for one of these great looking cameras. The 6x12 looks most impressive, so does the 4x5. If they are in any way as good as the listing suggests, perhaps we are all missing out? I`m about to start building a run of cute little 6x12`s, but I must say they don`t look as good as the Chinese one. Who is gonna be brave and actually BUY? Perhaps a holiday in China might help. Paul Droluk, where are you?

The reason I made the original post was because I hadn't seen a discussion or either one anywhere. I wondered if anyone else had purchased one of the 4x5's or 6x12's and could share their experience with us.<div>00CcFK-24246084.jpg.577b365e2f6c3b76ce46ce05cf7a9e6d.jpg</div>

Oh boy, I am just building my own one as anything else out there is soooo expensive! And now this. After Poul Droluk set the example that one can manufacture much cheaper, others are following und putting the price even further down. Hope that will be a new and affordable trend of panoramic photography!

Gee, not one bid and it's only hours from close.

I really admire the Chinese ability to come up with such things adn how they do so with pretty good quality too. I bought a Hassy to Canon EF lens adapter and the machining quality and metal finishing was absolutely superb. The fit to both the lens and camera are 100% perfect and better than Canon's own !

I do 6x12 on my Technika V, so their 6x17 looks very very attractive.

Fotoman's (spell?) 6x17 is imported here through the Linhof agent! The guys there have used it and say it is a precision instrument. Don't know if these are related.

Any, WOW if one can get a quality made simple 6xq7 body to mount a wonderful LF very wide lens, I'm excited! I've sent them email with various questions so will post the info I get back.

• 2 weeks later...