And what ever happened to Joe Jackson ?

gene m

This is a great presentation with fantastic images. There seem to be fewer and fewer places like this and each time they fade into history, their stories go with them. I always take the time to stop when I find someplace like this, but more often than not, the history has already been lost to time. You have some of the most interesting presentations on old equipment and found film I have ever seen because you have that story. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

- Randy

No Gene There are still great places like Joe's still open here in the South. The birthplace of Wally World's. Though it is a Shame that People like Joe seem to just close up for no reason. After the Gasoline revolt of 2006 maybe places like it will start to spring up. *g* Nice Pictures as always Gene. And Plus-x is always great in those old Rollers. I just miss Verachrome Pan.

Went off to your web site - the work your doing finding and developing found film in classic

cameras is inspirational in some way - I can't put my finger on it. A poignancy. And the back

stories you try to imagine adds to the moods of the images.

<p>

Thanks.

"...maybe he ate one of the tuna sandwiches..."

Gen's Joe's place reminded me of Vera's place. This was made with the traveling ShurFlash, but seemed more appropriate here. I never was inside personally. Those who were tell me there were only three rules:

#1 - don't drink anything not in a factory sealed container.

#2 - don't eat anything not in a factory sealed package.

#3 - there are no other rules.

I think Vera's is still open, but it was sold to someone else when Vera went into the nursing home a few years ago. From the outside nothing much appears to have changed though.<div>00DNYc-25401384.jpg.a78912f658411203f7c8fb442aec7c8e.jpg</div>