R2400 and Canvas Paper

I have Canvas paper and it is reported to be 20ml's thick. I believe this

equates to 1.3mm which is the maximum thickness that the r2400 can handle. Is

anyone printing on canvas with their r2400? Does it handle this thickness well -

I don't want to take the chance of it ruining the printhead.

Hi

Sorry I am confused.

Paper thickness 'caliper', is measured in inches or millimeters. If you are in US I am sure you are using inches. In UK, we use millimeters. However to add to the confusion, in the paper trade (cetainly in Europe), there is another expression called microns. 290ums (microns) is no more than 0.29mm thickness.

I bother mentioning this because I would be extremely suprised if any canvas paper that is 1.3mm thick (1300ums) would feed through your machine.

I do not know what 'ml's' are; perhaps you could tell me.

Sorry folks, in the US (which hasn't full adapted the metric system for some obscure reason) a mil is 1/1000 of an inch, a caliber is 1/100 of an inch. These units of measure are used extensively in the US for paper and film thickness and at machine shops to describe tolerances. To further add to absolute confusion, a fluid oz "Ounce" (8 oz to 1 cup, 4 cups to 1 quart and 4 quarts to a gallon) is not the same as an oz of weight which is 1/16 of a lb "Pound". Lastly, metal foil comes in units of oz to describe its thickness. Thus 1/2 oz copper or 1 oz copper refers to how much 1 sq ft "Square foot" of the metal foil weights. Hence 1/2 oz copper is about 20 mils thick. This is used extensively in electronics PCB industry in the US. It's as difficult as it sounds and many of us do wish it would stop.