proper hood.

Can the 135 Tele Elmar use the same type of reversible rigid hood

with the push in clips that is on my 90 Elmarit ? I really like that

design.

If so, does anyone know a Leica part # for either the vintage or

current production of such a hood if there is one, or where I may

obtain one ?

TIA

The answer is yes I am sure it can. I actually have the earlier 135mm Elmar not the later 135mm Tele Elmar but that hood works just fine - and looks as good. And of course as you point out it also works fine on the 1960's era Elmar 90mm, which I also have. But I cannot help you with the part code.

The Leica IUFOO or 12575 hoods are quite expensive on EBAY. I have seen ones in good condition sell for $60-$100! I have an older IUFOO hood that I sometimes use. But I have now bought several of these new (see link below) 39mm metal vented lens hoods that do a very good job and protecting the front element of the lens. There have been many discussions of these lens hoods on this forum over the past couple of months.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=78999&item=7519458873

John,

135 T-E: a good lens. I don't use mine that often but am always impressed by its sharpness and color rendition when I do. I have a local nautical scene enlarged to 11x16 inches and mounted in a nice frame on the wall in our kitchen right now. The current 135/3.4 lens is reported to be even better but I have seen no need to upgrade given my infrequent use.

Also, don't sneeze at the much older and somewhat slower 135/4.5 Hektor. It's also capable of putting out some famulous images. (A friend let me shoot with his very clean Hektor last year for a day.) Enjoy your new tele!