Lenses for Nikon FG Body

franciscodiaz1

I think the FG takes the same lenses as any other MF Nikon camera. As long as it is not a G lens, you'll be fine with almost any Nikkor. The "G" lenses do not have an aperture ring, so you would not be able to control the aperture on the FG. A three lens combo (24 or 28, 50, 105 or 135) is a popular setup and should be enough for most purposes. I personally prefer the 24, 50, 105 combination. Do not buy AF lenses, as you will not be able to use the AF function anyway (they would still work, though, they are just not that comfortable to focus with).

Look at any of the Series E lenses (except possibly the 28/2.8 - it's not quite as sharp as the rest). They are all reasonably inexpensive and the optics are pretty good. The 100mm is excellent. Additionally, they are all AIS, which means that all modes on your FG will function.

The EM/FG series of compact Nikons are quite good, and never got the respect they deserved. The series E lenses were made specifically for those light bodies and are quite sharp. The 75-150 and 100 telephoto deserve serious consideration as mentioned. However one of my favorite E lenses is the 35mm f2.5 wide angle. You can really get these for a song, and it's razor sharp. Have fun with your FG.<div>00CgsJ-24365984.jpg.fa39c183a4af5e7911496f4b7cf5ebdf.jpg</div>

I wants to thank you all. I'm surprised because I didn't expect such a fast help, so kind (and documented) advices. Thanks.

Now I'll look for the lenses in the section of classifieds or in the shop. If you give me a further orientation, it will be welcome. Thanks again.