Dark spot on photos.With EOS Digital Rebel XT

jdh_8711

Hello I am new here and I need some help. I have a new EOS Digital

Rebel XT. I have been getting a very small spot (grayish) on my

photos. It is most obvious with outdoor pics of clouds and sky

shots. I have cleaned the CMOS sensor and can only see a very very

little spot now on the pics but still annoying. Does anyone have

any ideas? I have a little blower might a bigger one help?

Also is there a way to adjust the manual mode so it will work the

same as the automatic no flash mode?

Clean the sensor.

Did you put it into cleaning mode and stare at the sensor? If you did, it's probably not

dust but a dried spitball or booger and you'll need a special solvent (called Eclipse) and

some special little wipes called PecPads to clean it off.

Don't EVER look at your sensor if you want it to stay clean. I wear a bandana cowboy-style

when I clean the sensor to keep little droplets of human sludge from being expelled onto

the sensor.

Note that putting the camera in cleaning mode does not automatically clean the sensor!

You put it on cleaning mode, the camera flips up the mirror and opens the shutter so that you can access the sensor to clean it yourself.

You have to be very careful when cleaning the sensor. Do a search on the forums to find out what people are using to clean their sensors.

The do-it yourself kit is expensive and you risk damaging your sensor which costs an arm

and a leg to replace, and if you damage it you are not covered under your warranty. Call

Canon and see where you can get it cleaned in your area. It might be worth the $30/$40.

This is the one thing I really hate about digital. I'm spending hours fixing dust spots on PS

on serie I've been working on. What a waste of time. If anyone has a quick fix on PS

please post it. Thanks

Just my 2 pennies.

Cleaning the sensor is not that big of a deal. Get the Sensor Sweep brush from http://www.naturescapes.net/store/product.php?productid=102&cat=14&page=1

If the spot is stubborn you may have to use a Sensor Swipe (like a spatula with a Pec Pad on it)with Eclipse solution as mentioned above which is a little trickier but again, not a big deal if you're careful.

Risk to the sensor is low if you follow the instructions and take your time, and it's much less time consuming to use a clean sensor than clean the photos up in Photoshop.

Sensor dust starts showing up in your images at f/11 and by f/19 it is very prominent and obvious. Another solution to clean your sensor is the Visible Dust brush and a can of compressed air use to "charge" the cleaning brush (around 100 dollars and good for years). Just do a basic search in this forum for plenty of links and tips.

J-F Vergel wrote:<br>

<i>The do-it yourself kit is expensive and you risk damaging your sensor which costs an arm and a leg to replace, and if you damage it you are not covered under your warranty. Call Canon and see where you can get it cleaned in your area. It might be worth the $30/$40.</i>

<p>Not. I use the stuff from <a href="http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning">Copper Hill</a> like many people, the whole kit costs about $30 - $40 and you have enough Eclipse fluid and PecPads to clean your sensor a hundred times. You can do it yourself and it just takes a few minutes.

Thank you for your responses to my post. I worked with my blower today and I think I got the spot off. I can no longer see it on the photos but, I am going to post a pic maybe someone else can see something I am missing. I am new at photography and welcome any suggestions, opinions,and etc.

Thanks !<div>00DP16-25433684.jpg.7b65832a319631be1f1608df4fa6bd8b.jpg</div>