A day out with my Argus C-3

After just receiving my Argus C-3 and running a roll of Fuji 200 print

through it, I can say that while it has its issues (the rangefinder is

way off but I plan on adjusting that tonight, thanks to a link to the

old Army service manual provided to me.

Now on with the pics ...<div>00DEje-25193584.jpg.d3f4805f734f37b99d9255010af9bbac.jpg</div>

<i>Yes Christopher, where were the train pics taken...somewhere in Northern California...maybe an early WP caboose?</i>

<br /><br />

Not even close. These were taken at a very small Trolley museum in Shelburne Falls Massachusetts. If you ever are in the area, it's worth a stop despite it's admitted modesty. Thought the workmen were impressed at me carrying around my many cameras and light meters. The conductor even told me he wanted a Leica 2 for many years until he bought a Russian copy.

I do have two rolls of Kodachrome I've been itching to use. I think once I get the brick's rangefinder adjusted (which I plan to do tonight if I can) I might use this one more regularly.

Hi Christopher,

I started sellingArgus C3 & Kodachromes to national magazines in 1947. When I bought my first Leica with and f 2.0 lens, I found that that my C3 was sharper! Until I could replace that lens with the Leitz Elmar and later the Nikkor f 2.0 and f 1.4.

The Argus C3 was the largest selling 35mm RF camera in the world, and oddly made in Ann Arbor Michigan.

I've been a working photographer since '47, currenty a Photo Professor, still shoot and write and probably own 17 or 18 cameras and God knows how many lenses.

If you need tech help, call on me.

Lynn

<b>Rajiv Sankranti said:</b>

<i>I never thought those bricks are such capable cameras (in the hands of capable photographers of course)."</i>

<br /><br />

I'm a capable photographer? Thanks. :) Actually I find mine to be quite decent. They are full manual and thus one needs to either carry a light meter or learn the old Sunny 16. I also find that with having to manually cock the shutter and the winding being a little bit odd it really slows me down and makes me concentrate on what I'm taking.

<br /><br />

<b>Lynn Jones said:</b>

<i>"If you need tech help, call on me."</i>

<br /><br />

Thanks, I'll certainly keep that in mind. After spending nearly 15 minutes just adjusting those two rangefinder screws I wanted to throw the brick into a wall. In the end the rangefinder is as calibrated as I can get it, which is light years above what it was.