School Girls Tin urkey

Joseph

I suppose this type of situation is were the M cameras excel, a 35mm pre focussed to about 12feet or so, take a pic and then try again to get a better [?] one, although all of that can be done with a reflex as well.

Regards

Bruno

<I>I suppose this type of situation is were the M cameras excel, a 35mm pre focussed to about 12feet or so, </I><P>

...Or not so much an M camera, but a camera, RF or SLR, with a prime lens with a depth of field scale to facilitate a zone of focus. Rather than say 12 feet (pretty far for a 35mm lens), a zone of maybe 4-12 feet and the mobility to maneuver to within that range will cover this type of subject rather well. You need not even bring the camera to the eye with practice, which allows you to get in very close without drawing attention to yourself.<P>

A lens that is already in focus (via the scale) is faster than any auto-focus, plus you don't have to make sure some spot in the finder is on the subject.

Joseph, If you are shy about openly taking photos of strangers, just pre-focus and choose an appropriate f-stop beforehand. Then shoot from the hip without taking the camera to your face to look through the viewfinder. After a some practice you will master the technique.

Lovely young ladies...were you tempted to say hello and ask to make their group photo, promising prints? I can imagine them giggling, awkward, posing...multiple images...

Do young Turkish students speak English or French? Surely one of yours did?

for what its worth, i actually thought the focus on the flag was a good idea. would make a

good nationalism poster with the subject being progress of education in turkey or

something. The girls would probably have been motion blurred anyway...

• 3 weeks later...