A Photonet Wedding Photographers Conference!

jaimie blue

Chris I definately am into the options and need to go to seminars and workshops. Glad to hear so many are right in my own backyard too.

I was also hoping for a conference that could become an annual gig with photo.net, and everyone that is interested from this forum can get together for a 3 day weekend, you know to argue and learn in person! I was really being genuine in thinking that with organization and planning this could become a reality.

Jaimie, I'm thinking to really do it, we'd have to have some speakers who may commit. I don't know anything about photo.net so I don't know what they can do as sponsors. As for getting members interested, I think they would be more interested if there were the real possiblity of some speakers or seminars. It sounds fun to get together with all these internet characters and put faces to names, but if there isn't something real to offer, I think most would choose time with their families or friends or vacationing elsewhere. I still think its a good idea. I wonder if anyone at photo.net (behind the scenes) has any ideas or comments? I think we'd need some more people from the forum to show some interest though. I once tried to start up a family reunion (of distant relatives) and din't get much further than this. Keep it going!

About a third of people who post to this forum have faces attached to their names -- either via their PN homepage or their real world Web page. Would be nice if more weren't so shy -- it's like they have no problems shooting other people and posting them here for critique, but god forbid! they put their own mug up on PN. I find it slightly hypocritical; whatever.

Ken, good point, I didn't mean so much a "face" as a whole person, voice, etc... Anyway, I posted my photo, though not my best choice, don't know why I hesitated at that, something about giving out too much info on the internet...plus I've only been a "member" for what a week?

Anyway, nice photo and bio you have it inspired me to work on my blabbering bio.

So...you didn't say if you are interested in a conference???

I'll say Hawai. Not sure if I could afford it, though. Otherwise, I'll say Marc William's studio(right across Canada), or Al Kaplan's Miami (cause I love to go fishing, hoping he can take us on a cruise on his boat).

I'm not much of a wedding photographer, so I don't see much value in seminiars. But just to hang out and drink beer and argue and talk shop would be fun. In Vegas. Then Stacy and I would go shoot some street once the dorks passed out :)

Winter meet up?

I'm from Michigan. Enough with the snow and cold already.

Las Vegas is a cultural Chernobyl. A money vacuum designed to strip you of your cash at

every turn. Most the people shooting could be done in downtown Cleveland for a lot less

money. Anything of real interest is forbidden to photograph. Nothing is real, including

most of the body parts.

San Antonio: been there done that, it's okay ... but okay isn't where I want to travel.

I vote for Miami. Everything under the sun. Real stuff. Fake stuff. Street stuff. Posers.

Latin, European and Ohio all in one place. Music and the smell of suntan lotion

everywhere. Hot in more ways than one. Fab ethnic foods without the Vegas poser prices.

A color and B&W Mecca. And Capt. AL to have coffee with : -0

No offense meant to anyone concerning the city they live in ... I'm from Detroit after all ; -)

""Las Vegas is a cultural Chernobyl"" marc williams

You are being far too kind. Vegas has a verdant, vulgarity to it that is against all things aesthetic. It's only redeeming social/cultural quality is it's abundance of cheap rooms, and even cheaper buffets.

Thanks Zoya, I was being serious but I am not really sure many people took it that way. I wanted to really know if this could happen, if we all could make it happen. Pooling resources, creating a conference, seminars, etc...all with the participants from this forum. Plenty here that could offer great workshops, etc...but I don't know how to help to contribute a way to make this a reality and it seems like it was taken seriously or realistically.

Of course I'd be interested in a PN Wedding Social Forum seminar, but it would depend on where and when. Like many here I am married and have limited vacation time. I would selfishly prefer it be held in Vegas, Hawaii, Paris, or Palm Desert.

<p>

For those hesitant to post their own photos on PN, I find that nearly impossible to believe; but proof is in the pudding and you all are shy! In any case go slightly incognito if you'd prefer with dark glasses and a hat? ;)