50 summilux M silver non asph

Tony Rose of Popflash Photo in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village, CA has a new one; I just saw it last night. Pretty but not cheap! I think it's actually the first chrome non-ASPH 'Lux 50 I've ever seen.

Expect to pay around $1,900.00 US for it though; it's now a rare bird!

I have one of these, second version 50 summilux. Mint versions are pretty damn expensive (and extremely hard to find). It's my workhorse lens for now, and I got it with just a few marks on the chrome. I reckon the used ones on the market are much more economical if money's an issue *grin* Just a picture!<div>00CeGo-24297584.jpg.d4b9e39252bacb31c20cf00a66e624b9.jpg</div>

Are these really that expensive now? I purchased a 50mm Summilux Chrome non-asph (2nd generation) on eBay just last year for about 900 USD (with hood too).

I use the 35 cron more often, but it's nice to have a 50 lux when you need it.

Tony Rose has a new (US warranty) one in black for $1300, a true bargan considering the older used E43 versions(1m) don't focus as close as the new ones(0.7m). Optically improved or maybe "tweaked" over older versions if one compares the Popular Photography test review from the mid-90's to their lastest tests recently with the MP review 1-2 yrs ago with the current version. Go figure.