any japanese speakers?

Map Camera sells a <a href="http://www.mapcamera.com/shopping/view_new.php?

viewcode=2040300800199&viewbackfile=searchresult_p.php&tablename=new_a_t&s_mo

de=1&navi_method=maker&main_cate=F&maker=msopt" target="_blank">1.35x

viewfinder magnifier</a> for Leica M. I'm trying to find out whether they will ship to the

US, but they're not replying to my emails. Can anyone find out if they do, or act as middle

man?

As it turns out I was planning to go to Map tonight for some browsing. I am happy to buy this item for you and send it.

Buy something of the same value from my website (see link in my profile), add 3% if you use credit card, and you can even choose one of my shipping methods. If it is no longer available, of course I will refund you.

Naturally, no warranty, returns etc. this is a personal favour. I don't get there very often... if you want to go ahead you need to make the above arrangements in the next 8 hours.

O haiyo gozaimasu, Aizan,

My suggestion is to get this product either States-side or from someone who specializes in mail order selling. Sending things from Japan and collecting money is a pain and not worth it. The vf mag. is 16,000 yen. Add to that shipping costs, and tarrifs. Leica stuff is generally not cheaper over here.

And James, am feeling quite guilty abt not sending that pix. Printers cannot quite get it right. Recently scanned negative and am putting finishing touches on it. Suppose I mail you a CD disk?

<p>Alex Shishin: <em>My suggestion is to get this product either States-side or from someone who specializes in mail order selling. . . . Leica stuff is generally not cheaper over here.</em></p><p>I first brought up this "MS Optical R&D" (aka Miyazaki) product in a thread some time ago. Judging by the interest expressed by US residents both here and in private messages to me, I'd say that the product wasn't available stateside (or anyway that nobody had yet found an importer).</p><p>Leica stuff may well be cheaper in the Youess than here when it's branded "Leica" or "Leitz", but when it's branded "Canon", "Hansa", etc., it can be cheaper. Actually I recommend a trip to Tokyo to buy this stuff. You 'Mericans can enjoy the effects of our (selective) deflation, and the visual delights of our <em><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kogal">kogyaru</a></em>, etc etc. High summer is the best time: you can really <em>feel</em> Tokyo.</p>